Most repairs require professionals, but this can be expensive and difficult to find. This has led many people to try to figure out how to repair tig welding torch by themselves.
A common problem that people encounter when using tig welding torch is a simple solution, which we will introduce in the next part. You can do short-term "repair" work at home, which may extend the life of the torch, but not.
If you find any serious problems with tig welding torch, you should stop using it immediately. Depending on the problem, it may be necessary to cool down for one second before further investigating possible problems. Always put safety first.
Once the problem is determined, its severity needs to be addressed. For example, a deep scratch will not be a problem in one place, but in another place it may damage important parts inside the tig welding torch.
When it comes to purchasing a MIG Welding Torch and the on-going consumables, it can often not be a great deal of thought. However, the wrong choice could have a profound effect on your welding process and could affect the welding equipment’s performance. MIG Welding Torches are the most handled piece of equipment during the MIG welding process and they are exposed to the worst working environments and abuse. This can often have a significant impact on the weld quality, productivity and increase the operator’s downtime. It is often thought that all MIG Welding Torches are the same, so price often becomes a deciding factor when welders considering purchasing a new MIG Welding Torch.
Should I compare prices on MIG Welding Torches?
MIG Welding Torches can differ considerably in quality between each manufacturer, the difference can have a profound effect on the performance and total life cost of the MIG torch. Premium quality MIG Welding Torches have been designed to minimise downtime, help eliminate poor weld quality and premature torch failures. All these benefits can deliver significant long-term savings. Normally if the only benefit a MIG Welding Torch has to offer is the low price, it generally means it has been manufactured using low cost components. This means the MIG Welding Torch will not last when compared to higher quality components. Generally low-cost consumables eventually need replacing, these often can be harder to replace and regularly damage secondary parts in the process. Based on the price only and with absence of any other facts to help customers consider, it is understandable that most companies would look at reducing their costs by buying a less expensive product.
What is a plasma torch?
In order to correctly explain the working principle of a plasma torch, we must first answer the basic question "What is plasma? In the simplest terms, plasma is the fourth state of matter. We usually think that matter has three states: solid and liquid. And gas. Matter changes from one state to another by introducing energy (such as heat). For example, when a certain amount of heat is applied, water will change from solid (ice) to liquid. If the heat increases, it will again Change from liquid to gas (vapor). Now, if the heat increases again, the gas that makes up the vapor will become ionized and conduct electricity, becoming plasma. The plasma cutter will use this conductive gas to transfer energy from the power source to any conductive material , So as to achieve a cleaner and faster cutting process than oxyfuel.
When a gas (such as oxygen, nitrogen, argon or even workshop air) is forced through a small nozzle hole in the torch, a plasma arc begins to form. Then, an arc generated by an external power source is introduced into the high-pressure gas flow, thereby generating a phenomenon commonly referred to as "plasma flow". The plasma jet immediately reached temperatures as high as 40,000°F, quickly piercing the workpiece and blowing away the molten material.
The function of plasma torc is to provide correct alignment and cooling for consumables. The main consumable parts required to generate a plasma arc are electrodes, swirl rings and nozzles. Additional shielding covers can be used to further improve the cutting quality, and all components are fixed together by internal and external fixing covers.
The working site and working environment of the CNC cutting machine are relatively harsh, and the metal dust is relatively large. Therefore, the machine must be thoroughly cleaned and maintained. Now we will take a look at the maintenance of the plasma cutting torch cutting machine.
1. Assemble the cutting torch correctlyInstall the cutting torch correctly and carefully, make sure that all parts are well matched, and ensure that the gas and cooling air flow. Install all the parts on a clean flannel to avoid dirt sticking to the parts. Add appropriate lubricating oil to the O-ring, subject to the brightening of the O-ring, and no more.
2. Consumable parts should be replaced in time before they are completely damagedDo not replace the consumable parts after they are completely damaged, because severely worn electrodes, nozzles and swirl rings will produce uncontrollable plasma arcs, which can easily cause serious damage to the cutting torch. So when the cutting quality is found to be degraded for the first time, the consumables should be checked in time.
3. Clean the connecting thread of plasma cutting torchWhen replacing consumable parts or daily maintenance and inspection, be sure to ensure that the internal and external threads of the cutting torch are clean. If necessary, clean or repair the connecting threads.
4. Clean the contact surface of the electrode and the nozzleIn many plasma cutting torch, the contact surface between the nozzle and the electrode is a charged contact surface. If there is dirt on these contact surfaces, the cutting torch will not work properly and should be cleaned with hydrogen peroxide cleaning agent.
5. Check the gas and cooling gas every dayCheck the flow and pressure of the gas and cooling air flow every day. If you find that the flow is insufficient or there is a leak, you should immediately stop and queue for failure.
6. Avoid plasma cutting torch collision damageIn order to avoid collision damage to the cutting torch, it should be programmed correctly to prevent the system from overrun. The installation of an anti-collision device can effectively avoid damage to the cutting torch during collision.
Comparison of mig welding torch and TIG welding mig welding torch (metal inert-gas welding) English: metal inert-gas welding uses a molten electrode, and an external gas is used as the arc medium, and protects the metal droplet, the welding pool and the high temperature of the welding zone The method of arc welding of metals is called MIG. The inert gas (Ar or He) shielded arc welding method with solid wire is called MIG welding, or mig welding torch for short.
The mig welding torch connection is in addition to replacing the tungsten electrode in the welding torch with a metal wire. Others are the same as TIG welding torch. Therefore, the welding wire is melted by the arc and sent into the welding zone. The electric drive roller feeds the welding wire from the spool into the welding torch as required for welding. The heat source is also a DC arc, but the polarity is exactly the opposite of that used in TIG welding. The shielding gas used is also different. Add 1% oxygen to the argon to improve the stability of the arc. Like TIG welding torch, it can weld almost all metals, and is especially suitable for welding aluminum and aluminum alloys, copper and copper alloys, and stainless steel. During the welding process, there is almost no oxidation burn loss, only a small amount of evaporation loss, and the metallurgical process is relatively simple.
TIG welding torch (Tungsten Inert Gas Welding), also known as non-melting extremely inert gas welding. Whether it is manual welding or automatic welding of stainless steel with a thickness of 0.5 to 4.0 mm, TIG welding torch is the most commonly used welding method. The method of adding filler wire with TIG welding is commonly used in the bottom welding of pressure vessels. The reason is that the air tightness of TIG welding torch can reduce the porosity of the weld during pressure vessel welding.
Introduce precautions of using Panasonic Welding Torch.
(1) When the welding torch is on the torch holder, be careful not to touch the objects beside the holder;
(2) There will be debris after the welding torch head is used for a long time, it needs to be cleaned and kept clean with a wipe.
(3) After using the welding torch, you need to pull out the plug and wait for 10 minutes to let it cool before putting it away.
(4) After the welding torch is plugged in, do not touch the tip of the torch. If you accidentally touch it, it will be scalded and blistered, so flush it quickly.
In plasma cutting torch cutting with large thickness, it often fails due to improper cutting method when starting the cut. Therefore, we must pay attention to master the correct method and essentials of cutting.
1. Cutting method and essentials
(1) The cross section of some large castings and forgings is round or chamfered and sometimes covered with a thick oxide layer. These parts are not easy to preheat to their ignition point. Therefore, the right-angle edge should be selected as the starting point. If it is necessary to start cutting on arcs or chamfered parts, mild steel rods can be used to help lead the cutting
(2) Before cutting large thickness steel, the preheating flame must be adjusted with the cutting oxygen turned on for preheating. The preheating flame should act on the upper corner of the workpiece, and the cutting oxygen flow is close to the cutting surface. When the flame heat expands from the end to the lower part, and the gas cutting reaction starts from the upper corner, move the plasma cutting torch slowly forward, and then transfer to the normal cutting speed after the entire thickness is cut through
(3) When the thickness of the steel is very large, an additional heat source can be used for supplementary heating at the bottom of the workpiece, which can promote smooth starting of cutting.
2. Precautions during the cutting process: During the cutting process, always observe the discharge of slag from the incision to ensure the normal cutting process. If the slag sparks fly off behind the cutting, the cutting speed should be appropriately slowed down. When the cutting speed is changed sharply or the cutting machine shakes, there will be gaps on the cutting surface, so be careful. In addition, when the cutting oxygen pressure is too high or the cutting speed is slightly faster, a concave center will appear in the middle of the cutting surface
3 Attentions at the end of the cutting: When cutting to the end, pay special attention to the intact end of the cutting. At this time, there can be no back drag in the cut. For this reason, the gas cutting speed should be adjusted to make the slag sparks fly down vertically. Cutting speed is too fast or too slow, or the plasma cutting torch is tilted back will cause the uncut part of the lower part of the terminal to remain, which will affect the quality.
Our impression of SCHWEISSEN & SCHNEIDEN 2017 is definitely positive. The stream of visitors was exceptionally good and the feedback about our fair booth and about the introduced new product and process solutions even overwhelming.
Changzhou Huarui Welding & Cutting Machinery Co, Ltd. will attend the 21ST Beijing Essen Welding & Cutting Fair at New China International Exhibition Center in Beijing on 14-17, June, 2016. Our booth is located at E4 hall, booth number : E4586. Please domestic and abroad consumer’s presence guidance !
Huarui Welding&Cutting Company
Welcome to visit our website, Thanks!